Leave your fryer in the cabinet and get out your favorite cast iron pan for this delicious recipe.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together
- Place eggs in a separate dish and beat well (for egg wash).
- Melt butter and olive oil in a cast iron skillet
- Take your washed morels and add them to egg then roll in seasoned flour and place in cast iron skillet
- REDUCE HEAT and repeat steps till skillet is full
- Press gently to flatten morels with a fork or spatula
- Turn when golden brown
- Salt as soon as you remove morels from pan onto paper towels
Besides plain morels fried in butter, this recipe is the way that the vast majority of morel hunters enjoy there morels. Enjoy!