This is a wonderful recipe for entertaining friends or family. Makes a great appetizer or side dish for beef or chicken entres.
For: 32 halves
- 1 cup cooked, flaked crab meat or imitation crab
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8oz) softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp basil fresh
- 3 green onions sliced thin rings
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp red wine
- 16 Morels large
- 1/2 cup havarti cheese shredded
- Soak morels in salt water and rinse well.
- Remove stems and place morels on paper towels.
- Mince stem pieces, and mix cream cheese, crab, chopped stems, lemon juice, red wine, basil, garlic, cheddar, and onions.
- Fill mushroom caps with the crab mixture. Bake at 350 F for 15- 20 minutes and serve warm.