Enjoy this wonderful soup on a cold day, or use this recipe where ever cream of mushroom soup is called for.
- 8-12 small morel mushrooms whole
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp shallots finely minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine morels, bay leaf, cream and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another saucepan; melt butter and sauté onions blend in flour.
- Cook roux lightly and add it to the boiling broth, stirring constantly, until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.