A great way to enjoy morels for breakfast. This delicious omelette will give your morel hunters the energy to get in to the woods and gather up more of these little treasures.
- 4 eggs large or extra large
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup morel mushrooms fresh, chopped
- 1 tomatoe medium sized, diced
- 6 basil leaves fresh
- 1/4 cup gouda crumbled
- Beat eggs well and add to melted butter and olive oil in pan.
- Add eggs and cook. Then flip omelet over and add all ingredients. Fold omelets over remove from heat and let sit covered for 2 min.
- Serve with southwestern hot sauce.