Another breakfast dish with our favorite morels. This is sure to feed a large family.
- 1 1/2 cup Morels fresh, sliced
- bread stale or dried
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 3/4 cup onion minced
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp flour
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter in medium saucepan.
- Cut bread into quarters. Layer ingredients in 9 x 12 inch baking dish, half the bread squares, half the sautéed vegetables, 1 cup cheese, remaining bread, remaining vegetables, and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place cream, water, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper in blender.
- Blend until smooth, pour over layered ingredients, then cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Bake, uncovered 325° F for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.