Are you looking for another way to use squash in your recipes? This is a great way to use your favorite squash and add something wild. Morels go well with squash and it is a surprise that there aren’t more recipes with these two ingredients.
- 2 Squash Acorn or Butternut
- 1/2 lb Morels chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cup cottage cheese low fat
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup brown rice cooked or breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp dry white wine optional
- Split the squash lengthwise, remove seeds, and bake, face down, on a non-stick tray or on a tray sprayed with non-stick spray for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender.
- While the squash are baking, saute Morels, onions, and garlic with salt and pepper until onions are soft.
- Drain well (save liquid) and combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the squash cavities amply and bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Baste with liquid from saute during baking.