Enjoy these delights along with a chicken or beef entree or as an appetizer.
- 1 lb morel mushrooms medium to large sized
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup green onion minced
- 1 cup tilapia fresh, poached
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz monterey cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Wash morels well, remove the stems and place the caps aside.
- Chop the stems and the onions.
- Melt cup of the butter in a frying pan over medium heat, add the chopped morels and onions and cook until tender stirring (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the flaked tilapia, the bread, crumbs, pepper, cheeses and the paprika.
- Fill mushroom caps, with the salmon mixture and place in a large baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and brush over the stuffed morels.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake at 450° F for 20 minutes and serve warm.